REVELATION COMMENTARY UPDATE

revelation-commentary-typesetPMT 2016-003 by Kenneth L. Gentry, Jr.

A number of my readers have expressed interest in the Revelation commentary I have written. I have finally received notice from the publisher that vol. 1 has been fully typeset. The commentary will be titled: The Divorce of Israel: A Redemptive-Historical Interpretation of Revelation.

The first of two volumes is 880 pages long and covers Introduction through Revelation 9. Of these pages, 208 are the “Introduction.” Introducing the distinctive approach to the commentary is vitally important, hence the depth of the material therein.

For your curiosity the chapter sizes are:
• Rev. 1: 126 pages
• Rev. 2: 104 pages
• Rev. 3: 37 pages
• Rev. 4: 33 pages
• Rev. 5: 60 pages
• Rev. 6: 98 pages
• Rev. 7: 43 pages
• Rev. 8: 37 pages
• Rev. 9: 63 pages
(Be aware: there are a good number of pages covering front material, such as bibliography, transliteration guide, and so forth.)

As you might expect, and as you can tell from the number of pages, not only is the Introduction to the whole commentary vitally important, but so is the exegesis of Rev. 1. Foundations matter!Navigating the Book of Revelation: Special Studies on Important Issues

Navigating the Book of Revelation (by Ken Gentry)
Technical studies on key issues in Revelation, including the seven-sealed scroll, the cast out temple, Jewish persecution of Christianity, the Babylonian Harlot, and more.
See more study materials at: www.KennethGentry.com

Not only has the typesetting been completed for vol. 1, but the cover designer is now fully engaged in developing a cover. The graphics artist working on this is Brian Godawa, who has designed a number of book covers for me, Greg Bahnsen, Gary DeMar, and others. He is a fine designer with a deep understanding of my approach to Revelation. See his cover design for Navigating the Book of Revelation (above). He will well match the cover image to the commentary approach. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Be aware, they commentary will not be released one volume at a time. It will be released and sold only as a set. So it will still be a while before anything is released. However, the pace has really stepped up and should move much more quickly from here on. I will keep you posted.

I will now be reviewing the typeset version (I have already found a big error in the heading to Part Two!) And I will be working on the indexing from the typeset version.Climax of Revelation DVD

The Climax of the Book of Revelation (Rev 19-22)
Six lectures on six DVDs that introduce Revelation as a whole, then focuses on its glorious conclusion. That conclusion begins transpiring in the first century with the final establishment of the church of Jesus Christ as the new Jerusalem.

See more study materials at: www.KennethGentry.com

So I still appreciate and need your support! Please remember that you can give to my research as a tax-deductible donation, if you give through the GoodBirth Ministries website: www.goodbirthministries.com.

Or if you do not need a tax-deduction, or you live outside of the U.S., you may give directly to me for my research by going to my commercial site: www.KennethGentry.com.

We can take both credit cards and Pay Pal payments. Of course, you may also send a check (made out to “GoodBirth Ministries”) to:

GoodBirth Ministries
P.O. Box 1874
Fountain Inn, SC 29644

By the way, another way you can support my research is to invite me to present a conference at your church. I recently spoke in southern California and will be speaking soon in Arkansas and Florida. You can contact me to discuss a conference at: KennethGentry@cs.com.

Advertisements

Tagged:

11 thoughts on “REVELATION COMMENTARY UPDATE

1. Charlie Dines January 6, 2017 at 12:54 pm

You haven’t said anything about the cost of the two-volume series and whether there will be a pre-publication (discounted) price.

2. Kenneth Gentry January 6, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for observations and your interest. The reason is: I don’t know the answer to either. It has taken awhile to get the commentary organized and typeset. I will let folks know these matters when I learn them myself. Hold on!

3. Jeffrey K. Boer January 7, 2017 at 1:21 pm

“Not only has the typesetting been completed for vol. 1, but the cover designer is not fully engaged in developing a cover.” You neglected to change the typo: “NOW fully engaged.”

4. Kenneth Gentry January 7, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Thanks. Fixed it. Let’s keep this between just and me! 😉

5. Blaine K. Newton January 7, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Congratulations, Ken, on nearing the end of this arduous process. I think I speak for all of us here in saying that we appreciate you very much in writing this monumental and much needed work. I just have a couple questions:

(1) Where will the commentary be made available? Do you anticipate any of the larger Christian bookstores eventually carrying the work?

(2) What would you recommend in audio format that might be a good prelude to this? I do a lot of driving for work and am always interested in making productive use of my drive time.

P. S. Keep the jokes flowing!!!

6. Kenneth Gentry January 7, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Thanks for the note.

It will be published by Tolle Lege Press (publishers of the Geneva Bible). I am not sure of their distribution system, but they will be marketing it.

I don’t have any audio series on Revelation because I have several in DVD format. However, I have a survey of postmillennialism which touches on Revelation: http://www.kennethgentry.com/postmillennialism-17-mp3-downloads/

7. Fred January 7, 2017 at 11:57 pm

Sir, I have read ‘The Book of Revelation Made Easy’. This practical guidance has helped me immensely to begin to understand the timing and historical correlation of this prophecy. Is your new intro more in depth than this outline or will much of it be familiar or both, neither?

I have yet to start on the DVD series. Thank You for your work.

8. Kenneth Gentry January 8, 2017 at 2:01 pm

It explains why I changed my view on Rev 20 and the millennium. That chapter in the first edition has been changed and divided into two chapters.

9. Shaun Snyder January 10, 2017 at 2:29 am

IF there are multiple cover designs for your commentary, it might be interesting to have your subscribers vote for their favorite design if that would help.

10. Shayne Copelyn January 11, 2017 at 4:47 am

Great notice from you! I’ve be aware your stuff previously; this is wonderful information. I look forward to its publication.

11. Kenneth Gentry January 11, 2017 at 2:29 pm

That would be a good idea. But the publisher holds that right, so I am not sure if that would work. I will check and see. Thanks for the idea.